//v3nt

I am so tired
9:55 PM :
..of school. I want to be done. Now.

At any rate, it's coming along nicely. The final page will be here. Right now it's an .htm page, but it will be .aspx soon enough. I just tweaked and finished all the remaining html and css code. I have yet to start the daily journal (oops), but I'm going to try to do that tonight. I also need to upload my ER Diagram for the planned database and actually construct the thing. Since I need Access (which in turn I will then import to SQL Server - that's kind of cheating, but whatever works), I will need to go in to Carroll this weekend. Since I don't work on Sunday, that's what I'm thinking.

As a side project, I'm helping someone along with Halathon. Since you all know about marathon, I'll spare you a long discourse. In short, it's an endeavor to port Halo on the Aleph One engine.

Interesting side note, and no cheating James: what is aleph one?

There are some limitations, of course. But all in all, it's shaping up and it looks good, especially for a ten year old engine. Since I have Halo on PC (for which a multitude of utilities exist), I have extracted many many textures for use in maps. Tycho7 will be including a map pack in the future, or so he tells me. I myself am in the process of changing the main screen to something more Halo-esque. I've already replaced Infinity's music with Halo's (though I can't exactly distribute this; it's kind of protected property), but I can't add in-game music since the PC side does not yet support easy level scripting. It's done easily enough on the Mac side, but alas.. Oh well.

If only there was a way around that "first frame bug." Maybe if there was a way to load everything a level needed before starting, then everything would be pre-loaded. I'll have to look into that.

and lastly. for you star trek fans.

comments: 0
go to post top

about
connect
monthly
previous

me
friends
others
related

books
browsers
comics
design
faith
games
graphics
music
news
os/customize