//v3nt

Proxy
10:57 PM :
These blasted A.I.s. Too many rampant constucts galavanting around the universe.

Well, I hope this lasts. I have installed a proxy device of my own design (with a little help from Matt, our resident A.I. expert), which, if it works properly, will block both Durandal and Tycho from remotely connecting and controlling the ship's network.

Interesting, though, is the existence of these A.I.s in the first place.

As I understand from certain sources, Durandal actually merged with a S'pht A.I. Does this new construct have a name? Or has it surpassed a need for one, since names are a mortal invention? I say mortal, and not human, since even the Pfhor have names. Names like Admiral Tfear - although we call him admiral only because that's his equivalent rank.. the word, shf'lu'tfah, does not mean "admiral" but something a little more convolusive. I believe the Nar, who have quite, shall we say, an unwieldy language, call it the "commander of they who command the lower stamp-of-service." Yeesh. Can you believe that there are people - yes, humans - who translate this stuff? I mean, come on. As if Pfhorish wasn't bad enough.

Boy, I got off on a tangent, didn't I?

As for Tycho, the original Tycho was damaged almost beyond repair in the attack on the Marathon. He was reanimated by Durandal's allied S'pht, who used Durandal's core as a base. Since Durandal himself was even at the early stage rampant, the new and improved Tycho was also rampant. Tycho, being aboard the Marathon both when Durandal abandoned it and the Pfhor took it, was taken by the Pfhor. They made copies of him and those copies exist now all over Pfhor-dominated worlds. I believe they call them Tycho Machinated Mercenaries. Scary thought, huh? I wonder if the security officer from the Marathon encountered the original Tycho, or if he had to deal with one or more of these copies. Scary thought indeed. By the same, I wonder which we're now dealing with.

comments: 0
go to post top

about
connect
monthly
previous

me
friends
others
related

books
browsers
comics
design
faith
games
graphics
music
news
os/customize